Free Download Manager
Manages multiple downloads and increases download speeds
- Category Download Managers
- License Free
- Version 188.8.131.5224
- Size 10.80 MB
- Works under Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows 2003 / Windows XP / Windows NT / Windows 2000 / Windows ME / Windows 98 SE / Windows 98
- Also available for Android
- Language English
- Program by Free Download Manager.ORG.
Free Download Manager creates an efficient and easy to follow list of all programs you are in the process of downloading and those you downloaded in the recent past.
You might think that you don't need a program of this type because you can view the files and programs you download instantly in your web browser. Chrome and other browsers let you click a button on the screen to view the files you downloaded in the last few hours, days or weeks. Other programs will download those files and place those files on the bottom of the page. Clicking the title will open up that file or run that program. Free Download Manager lets you monitor and view your downloads, but it also helps you manage those downloads.
One great feature of this program is that it lets you view all types of downloaded files. The buttons running across the top of the screen show you all downloaded files, bit torrents that you chose, any uploads currently running and flash videos downloaded. Most web browsers show you a list of downloaded files without letting you select the exact type you want to view.
Free Download Manager includes category listings for types of files too. Though you can view all downloaded content, you can also view only music files, videos or programs. It also lets you filter those downloads according to completed downloads, those still in progress, any files you stopped and downloads you schedule for the future. If you change your mind about a file, you can drag it right into the recycling bin and then delete it from your computer.
This program offers an alternative way to download content as well. Instead of clicking on links, waiting for your browser to recognize that link and then waiting even longer for the file to download, you can simply drag the link for that download into the open Free Download Manager window to begin the download process. Unlike other free management software, this one lacks harmful add-on content like malware or adware.
Free Download Manager will only work with Windows operating systems and will not work on other computers. Though easy to use, some find that it has a bland interface. It often takes a few hours for inexperienced users to figure out how it works, and some may find that they can effectively manage their downloads via their own web browsers. Free Download Manager has some benefits but not enough for experienced computer users.
- Lets you drag and drop files for fast downloading
- Shows different files you downloaded for easy organization and management
- Keeps track of bit torrents and other types of downloads
- Helps you manage uploads that you share with others
- Allows you to schedule downloads for the future
- Isn't easy to use initially
- Has a somewhat clunky design
- Does many of the same functions that a web browser does
- Only works with computers running a Windows operating system